Note : You are on Page 4. Start with Page 1 about Chiang Rai.
- Page 1 – General Info – Transport, Hotels…
- Page 2 – Attractions in the Suburbs of Chiang Rai (white temple…)
- Page 3 – Attractions inside the City of Chiang Rai
- Page 4 – Attractions far from Chiang Rai – Mae Salong – Tea Plantations
- Page 5 – Attractions far from Chiang Rai – The Golden Triangle
- Page 6 – Attractions far from Chiang Rai – Doi Tung area – Gardens, Palace
Maps – Orientation
Map 4 – Chiang Rai – Attractions far from the city
Map 5 – Chiang Rai – Interactive Map
Note : More Maps on the first page.
Choui Fong Tea Plantation (Mae Salong area)
Mae Salong is a scenic area with tea plantations.
Yes, the founder is Chinese. The plantation exists since 1977.
There is a café for visitors. The café is very modern and the surroundings are beautiful. You will feel good here.
It is a tea plantation so they like to serve tea. Don’t worry, coffee is also available.
There are also good cakes
I wish I could eat more than one cake
There is also a shop, with tea
Great place for photos
More of Mae Salong area
From Choui Fong Tea Plantation, you can return to Chiang Rai or make a trip with your motorbike in Mae Salong area. If you are a little bit tired, it is advised to return to Chiang Rai because the road ahead is very mountainous.
Here is the loop I did with the motorbike
The view while driving is very nice, but there are turns and climbings
There are some “official” view points that appears on Google Map, but there are even nicer views when you simply stop with your motorbike beside the road.
There are more tea plantations with cafés, on the road
But they are not as nice and modern as Choui Fong plantation.
Here I saw burning of crops. It is a big problem for the area of Chiang Mai and also for the neighboring countries. The farmers are burning crops (around April) in order to make the soil more fertile for the next season. It makes a huge pollution in the air. A lot of dust that causes respiratory problems. Some tourists renounce on visiting the north of Thailand during these months.
Chao Por Kew Thab Yang Shrine
On the main road from Chiang Rai to Choui Fong Tea Plantation (the highway) There is this shrine. It is very visible from the road. You can make a pause here. See the location of this shrine on Google Map.
There are nice statues of animals
Also the interior is interesting
Being a vegetarian, this stuff always attract my attention
How to arrive to Choui Fong Tea Plantation ?
- Located about 40 Km, north to the center of Chiang Rai (from the clock tower).
- See location on Google Map or on Map 4, above.
- See the possible ways of Transport, around Chiang Rai, on the first page.
- The road to Choui Fong Tea Plantation is flat and easy (most of it is highway). If you choose to explore more of the area of Mae Salong, then the road is in a mountainous area.
More on Bangkok and Thailand :
- Where to Stay in Bangkok – Potential Zones for the Hotel
- How to book Trains, Buses, Flights, Hotels for Thailand
- What to Visit in Bangkok ? – The Tourist Attractions
- Bangkok Transport – Airport, Metro, Buses, Boats…
- To the Islands – Which Island to visit + Stay + Arrive
- To Chiang-Mai – What to Visit, Stay, Transport
- To Pattaya city – What to Visit, Stay, Transport
- The Cost to Visit Bangkok – Common Prices
- The Nightlife of Bangkok – The animated zones
- Visa for Thailand- Basic rules and how to extend
- Internet in Thailand – Buying a local SIM
- Useful Products for the Trip to Thailand
- Maps of Bangkok – With places of interest and Transport
- Bangkok FAQ – Weather, Distances etc…
- Bangkok Shopping – The big Malls and the Markets
- The Khaosan Road Survival Guide – The famous Backpackers
- A Tour of Bangkok – An overview
- Taxi Scams in Bangkok – Common Scams of Taxi and Tuk-Tuks
- Go-Go Bar Scams in Bangkok – What to expect
- Vegetarian in Bangkok
Other Stuff :
- Info about 2 more cool cities: Barcelona and Tel-Aviv
- What to Pack ? the visual list that will help you prepare the suitcase.
- Visit my Vegetarian Page. Why be Vegetarian ? What to eat ?
- Visit my Salsa Dance Page. Salsa main Styles. Why Dance Salsa ?
- Listen to nice Songs with translation in French, Spanish, Italian, Hebrew.
- Listen to basic Words In Spanish, French, Hebrew
If you find incorrect data on this page, like a restaurant that has closed or a big river that has moved or you want to tell me something, please write me to contact.