Here are the average temperatures and precipitations :
|Month||Max (C)||Min (C)||Rain (mm)|
As you can see from the chart, it is quite hot (and humid) in Bangkok during all year, at day and at night. Bangkok is close to the equator and it has a tropical climate, it is one of the hottest cities in the world.
There are mainly 2 seasons in Bangkok: the dry season from November to May and the rainy season from May to October.
April is (relatively) the hottest month, December is the coolest month, September receives the most rain. When it rains it can be quite intense (monsoons) and there can be floods.
If you like extremely hot weather, all year can be good to visit Bangkok, when it rains you can always go to a big mall or to another indoor place. If you don’t like rain, avoid the rainy season (May to October) and visit in the dry season (November to May). April is the hottest month, but the famous Songkran water festival is held in April, it is an interesting event for tourists. September is very rainy. December is relatively the coolest month, you may not need air conditioning at night.
Take into consideration that there is a difference in hotel prices between the highly touristic season (little rain) and the rainy season.
In April, which is the Thai summer season.
More on Bangkok and Thailand :
- Where to Stay in Bangkok – Potential Zones for the Hotel
- How to book Trains, Buses, Flights, Hotels for Thailand
- What to Visit in Bangkok ? – The Tourist Attractions
- Bangkok Transport – Airport, Metro, Buses, Boats…
- To the Islands – Which Island to visit + Stay + Arrive
- To Chiang-Mai – What to Visit, Stay, Transport
- To Pattaya city – What to Visit, Stay, Transport
- The Cost to Visit Bangkok – Common Prices
- The Nightlife of Bangkok – The animated zones
- Visa for Thailand- Basic rules and how to extend
- Internet in Thailand – Buying a local SIM
- Useful Products for the Trip to Thailand
- Maps of Bangkok – With places of interest and Transport
- Bangkok FAQ – Weather, Distances etc…
- Bangkok Shopping – The big Malls and the Markets
- The Khaosan Road Survival Guide – The famous Backpackers
- A Tour of Bangkok – An overview
- Taxi Scams in Bangkok – Common Scams of Taxi and Tuk-Tuks
- Go-Go Bar Scams in Bangkok – What to expect
- Vegetarian in Bangkok
Other Stuff :
- Info about 2 more cool cities: Barcelona and Tel-Aviv
- What to Pack ? the visual list that will help you prepare the suitcase.
- Visit my Vegetarian Page. Why be Vegetarian ? What to eat ?
- Visit my Salsa Dance Page. Salsa main Styles. Why Dance Salsa ?
- Listen to nice Songs with translation in French, Spanish, Italian, Hebrew.
- Listen to basic Words In Spanish, French, Hebrew
If you find incorrect data on this page, like a restaurant that has closed or a big river that has moved or you want to tell me something, please write me to contact.