Where to Stay in Tel-Aviv ?
The vast majority of the hotels are located near the beaches, so don't worry about that. Most of the hotels are also close to the main shopping area of Tel-Aviv and to the city nightlife. There are no really bad neighborhoods to avoid in town, except maybe the central bus station at night, but there are no hotels there.
Anyway, before choosing a place to stay, read opinions of travellers about specific hotels in Tel-Aviv. For Hostels, see later on.
I have divided the beaches of Tel-Aviv into 3 parts:
- North part : From Tel-Aviv port to Tel-Aviv Marina (Red color on map)
- Central part : From Tel-Aviv Marina to the Dolphinarium (Blue on map)
- South part: From the Dolphinarium to Jaffa (Green on Map)
- Remark: The Dolphinarium is not active anymore (I don't want to disappoint you with expectations to see Dolphins in Tel-Aviv...)
Right on the beach, in the central part of Tel-Aviv (where Bograshov street meets the sea), just a walking distance from Dizengoff Center which is one of the main shopping areas and close to the intersections of Rothschild and Hertzel, one of Tel-Aviv's best nightlife zones.
- To get a feel of the distances : All the beaches on the map = 5
But this is just one theoretical point. There are many nice zones to stay in Tel-Aviv and since the city is not huge, you will always be near the center. To simplify things, you could either stay :
relaxed compared to the central part of Tel-Aviv (everything
relative, Tel-Aviv is not an enormous busy city like London)
- Near the Yarkon park
- Near the Tel-Aviv Port leisure area
- Near cool beaches like Metzizim
- You will probably need to use some kind of transport in order to
enjoy the main
city nightlife which is in the center and south of the city. Also
daytime you may need transport because most tourist attractions
are in the center and
south of the
city (You can also walk, of course).
Hotels in the port area of Tel-Aviv (You can read opinion of travellers).
You can watch a Video with the Yarkon park and the north beaches of Tel-Aviv
- It is close to most places of interest, you could just walk.
- Close to nice streets like Rothschild, Shabazi etc
- Close to the main shopping area, around Dizengoff center.
- Close to Tel-Aviv main nightlife (Rothschild-Allenby intersection) and more.
- Close to Jaffa.
It is still very close to the beaches , usually not more than 500 meters. It could be for example near the Dizengoff Center mall.
See Hotels in the center of Tel-Aviv and read opinion of travellers
You can watch a video with Tel-Aviv city center.
If you want to live in the most chic avenue of Tel-Aviv, the Rothschild avenue, see the top hotels : Hotel Rothschild 22 or Hotel Rothschild 65, or Hotel Rothschild 71 or Hotel Rothschild 96.
If you want to stay in a Budget hostel very close to the Rothchild avenue, see the Abraham Hostel.
See hotels in the south of Tel-Aviv ,choose the ones on the map that are more to the south, near park Charles Clore.
Jaffa is an old city at the south of the city. Tel-Aviv and Jaffa belong to the same municipality. At Jaffa there is a port, an hill with art galleries and a view over Tel-Aviv. On friday there is a flea market. It is not far from the center of Tel-Aviv, about half hour walk.
See Hotels in Jaffa.
At the south of Tel-Aviv there is the Florentin neighborhood, a place with student spirit. Many bars at night.
See hotels in Florentin.
Neve Tzedek is a pleasant neighborhood of mainly small houses with red roofs and a lot of cafés, it is where Tel-Aviv began, about 100 years ago.
See hotels in Neve Tzedek.
Rothschild avenue is the most pleasant avenue of Tel-Aviv.
You can watch : Video of Neve Tzedek and a Video of Old Jaffa.
here examples of prices you could expect in Tel-Aviv.
- Hostels, Dormitories, Budget hotels.
- Boutique style Hotels
- Big and expensive Hotels on the Beach.
See Hostels in Tel-Aviv and read opinions of travellers.
The one on the photo is Beachfront hostel , it is right on the beach.
Take note also of Abraham Hostel. It is a high standard hostel, located in a very good postion, near Rothschild avenue.
To find Boutique style Hotels in Tel-Aviv: They are everywhere in town. fill the required dates and use the filters on the left.
Use filters like: "Hotel facilities", "users rating", "area" ...
See luxury hotels in Tel-Aviv.
In the photo: Hilton Tel-Aviv.
See also the page : What to see in Tel-Aviv in order to get a better orientation of the city, note where are the beaches and shopping centers, it may help you to choose an hotel location.
More on Tel-Aviv in this site :
- Frequently Asked Questions about Tel-Aviv - Weather, Feasts, Costs...
- Tel-Aviv Tour - How is Tel-Aviv, get the feeling of the city.
- What to Visit in Tel-Aviv - Beahes, Walking streets...with maps.
- Where to Stay in Tel-Aviv - Potential zones to look for a Hotel.
- Tel-Aviv Transport - About the Buses, Trains... with maps.
- Tel-Aviv Maps - Google maps with points of interest for tourists.
- Tel-Aviv Photos - Nice photos of the city.
- Tel-Aviv Interenet and Phoning - Pre-Paid card, how is the Internet...
Jerusalem - What to Visit in Jerusalem (old city, city center...)
If you liked this tour of Tel-Aviv, see also the tour of Bangkok, and especially the Khaosan Survival Guide (the Backpacker's famous street) and the tour of Barcelona.
Visit - What to Pack ? - the Visual List that will help you not to forget things before your trip.
See my Vegetarian page. Why be Vegetarian ? What to eat ?
See my Salsa Dance page. Salsa main Styles. Why Dance Salsa ?
Listen to basic Words In Spanish , Words in French , Words in Hebrew
If you find incorrect data in this page, like a restaurant has closed or the big river has moved or you want to tell me something, please write me at contact.