- If you want to Drink Cocktails and Beers
- If you want to drink Guinness and Kilkenny (Irish pubs)
- If you want to Dance
- If you want to dance Salsa
- The Magic Fountains
Head to Paseo Del Born in the Born neighborhood.
It’s the best place to find a concentration of trendy bars, it is very live at night.
Among the many bars are El Copetin that usually plays latin music, and Crêpe del Born that has loud music and good crêpes as a bonus. Paseo del Born is a small pedestrian street but there are many more nice bars at the surroundings, don’t be afraid to visit narrow streets behind churches.
All the central zones of Barcelona (Gotico, Born, Raval) are full of bars.
In the Gotico, start by a central square like plaza Jaume or plaza Real and you will find bars in all directions.
I recommend a lounge bar called Margarita Blue. It is situated in Ample street, you can enter this narrow street from the end of la Rambla.
The lower part of the Gotico (closer to the sea) is more live at night than the upper part.
Note : The Gothic and Born quarters are great for the hotel location. A very central and animated zone. See details in the page : Where do Stay in Barcelona.
The Raval (on the other side of la Rambla) is less active at night than the Born and the Gotico, but still you can find life there, especially at the northern part, closer to the Cataluña square.
The Gracia residential neighborhood (above the diagonal avenue) is another place for many bars. It has a student feeling. At night the squares are full with people sitting on the floor and drinking beers. There are also nice small restaurants, many of them orientals. The main street in Gracia is called Verdi and the main squares are : plaza del Sol and plaza de la villa de Gracia.
The Barceloneta beach is good at summer time. The Chiringitos (kiosks) at the beach are functioning as bars and there are also places to drink in the residential part of the neighborhood.
At the Barceloneta beach, you can also visit the bar at the top of the hotel W, the big hotel in form of a sail, people go there for the great view, the bar is called Eclipse Bar.
In the non central zones of Barcelona, there are mainly Tapas bars operating at night.
Map : Look for the (green color, balloon shaped) mark on the map at the top of the page for the bars mentioned.
Note : There are not a lot of Hotels in the Barceloneta beach, but if you insist you may find your accommodation here. See details in the page : Where do Stay in Barcelona.
Look at Tripadvisor Barcelona Nightlife Guide for more specific Bars in Barcelona and opinions of travellers.
Head to Ferran street (go down la Rambla and turn left), there is a concentration of Irish pubs at the beginning of the street. There, you will find many tourists speaking english and watching football and drinking good beers.
Map : Look for the (orange color, balloon shaped) mark on the map at the top of the page for Ferran street (Irish bars).
There is also a Casino in Puerto Olympico, in case you prefer to loose money, instead of dancing.
Note : Don’t arrive to a dancing club in Barcelona before midnight, because it is not cool to dance alone in front of a mirror (if there is a mirror).
Map : Look for the (red color, balloon shaped) mark on the map at the top of the page for the dancing clubs mentioned here.
Look at Tripadvisor Barcelona Nightlife Guide for more Dancing clubs in Barcelona and opinions of travellers.
Head to Mojito and Antilla Salsa clubs. These are the main Salsa clubs in the center of Barcelona.
Like other dancing clubs in Barcelona, also Salsa begins late at night, especially on the week-ends. On Fridays and Saturdays, the night begins with Salsa music but after an hour or so, it changes to popular Latin music style
Reggaetons. The experienced Salsa dancers prefer to arrive to the clubs during the middle of the week on wednesdays, thursdays and sundays nights (you know it’s not professional when you see girls dancing with their bags).
The good thing about Salsa in Barcelona is that there are many Latinos living in town and visiting the Salsa clubs and there are also excellent Cuban instructors at the schools and amazing animators at the parties.
Some nights, there are also free, short classes before the party (sessions of Salsa, Bachata or Shines steps), you’ll have to look at their facebook page, to be updated with that Mojito facebook, Antilla facebook.
See my page with explanations about the basic Salsa styles.
Map : Look for the (yellow color, balloon shaped) mark on the map at the top of the page for the dancing clubs mentioned here.
Note : Mojito and Antilla Salsa clubs are located in the Eixample quarter of Barcelona. The Eixample is a good zone to choose for the hotel if you want to party at night. Many of the dancing clubs are here and it is still close to Plaza de Cataluña. See details in the page : Where to Stay in Barcelona.
Since we are talking about the night, don’t forget to see the show of the Magic Fountains at plaza de España, a show with water, lights and music and great view in the background.
The shows are every half hour, starting at sunset. In winter there are only shows on the week-ends.
Map : Look for the (blue color, balloon shaped) mark on the map at the top of the page to locate the magic fountains.
Note : The zone of Plaza de España is good for the hotel location if
you want a cheaper option compared to the very center of Barcelona. See
details in the page : Where to Stay in Barcelona.
Look at Tripadvisor Barcelona Nightlife Guide for specific places to go out at night.
More on Barcelona :
- Where to Stay in Barcelona – Potential Zones for the Hotel.
- What to Visit in Barcelona – The Tourist Attractions and how to Arrive.
- What to Pack for the trip to Barcelona – Hidden Pocket cash…
- Frequently Asked Questions about Barcelona – Weather, Feasts, Costs…
- Barcelona Tour – How is Barcelona, get the feeling of the city.
- Shopping Zones and Commercial Centers in Barcelona.
- Barcelona Nightlife – Where to Drink and Dance in Barcelona.
- Barcelona Transport – Airport, metro, buses, trains, outside town…
- Barcelona Cost – Typical prices in Barcelona, change money…
- Barcelona Internet – How and where to buy a local SIm, cost…
- Vegetarian Restaurants and Fast-Food in Barcelona – Eating Healthy.
- Barcelona Maps – Google maps with points of interest for tourists.
- Barcelona Photos – Nice photos of the city.
If you have specific questions about Barcelona, you can ask them in this TripAdvisor Forum.
On Thailand :
- Bangkok – What to Visit, Where to Stay, Transport…
- The Islands in Thailand – Which one to choose, Where to stay, How to arrive ?
- Chiang Mai – What to Visit, Where to Stay, Transport…
- Pattaya city – What to Visit, Where to Stay, Transport…
Other Stuff :
- What to Pack ? the visual list that will help you prepare the suitcase.
- Visit my Vegetarian Page. Why be Vegetarian ? What to eat ?
- Visit my Salsa Dance Page. Salsa main Styles. Why Dance Salsa ?
- See City Information about 2 more cool cities: Barcelona and Tel-Aviv.
- Listen to nice Songs with translation in French, Spanish, Italian, Hebrew.
- Listen to basic Words In Spanish, French, Hebrew
If you find incorrect data on this page, like a restaurant that has closed or a big river that has moved or you want to tell me something, please write me to contact.