Tourist Useful Information
Frequently Asked Questions:
- What is the weather in Barcelona ?
- What is the best time to visit Barcelona ?
- When is school vacation in Barcelona ?
- When are the feasts in Barcelona ?
- Are shops open during the week-ends and feasts in Barcelona ?
- How big is Barcelona ?
- How much does it cost to visit Barcelona ?
to Stay in Barcelona ? (Potential Zones for
- Where are the commercial zones and malls in Barcelona ?
- What can I do and visit in Barcelona during the day ?
- How to get to Tibidabo in Barcelona ?
- How to get to Montjuïc in Barcelona ?
- How to get to Sitges, Montserrat, Girona, Figueres, Lloret de Mar by train?
- What are the distances from Barcelona to other cities ?
- What is the Flight time to Barcelona ?
- How can I reserve a flight ticket to Barcelona ?
- How can I get from the Airport to Center Barcelona ?
- Where are the Bus and Train Central Stations in Barcelona ?
- Do I need a Visa in order to visit Barcelona ?
- Where are the Nightlife zones in Barcelona (for bars and dancing clubs) ?
- Where can I dance Salsa in Barcelona ?
- Do locals speak English in Barcelona ?
- How can I find a good Restaurant in Barcelona ?
- How can I find Vegetarian food in Barcelona ?
- Is it easy to exchange Money in Barcelona ?
- Can I pay in Barcelona in foreign currency like with the Dollar ?
- What is the cheapest way to make International phone calls and get Internet in Barcelona ?
- Which Electric Plug is used in Barcelona ?
- Is it safe to visit Barcelona ?
- Can I drink tap water in Barcelona ?
- How long does Barcelona exist ?
- What to Pack for Barcelona ?
- Where can I find a Map of Barcelona ?
- Where can I see Videos with Barcelona scenery ?
- Where can I get more Information about Barcelona ?
As you can see from the chart, the right months to go to the beach are July, August and even September and June. From May to November the weather is usually pleasant for tourists. Winter in Barcelona is cold but not as cold as the north of Europe. Rain is not a big problem in Barcelona and the sun is often shinning and the sky is blue. Barcelona has a typical Mediterranean climate.
July and August is the high season with top prices in hotels and many children, so if you can visit in September and June you will be able to swim at the beach and also have hotel rooms. September has the Mercè feast (around the 24) which is very interesting with street parades and a lot of music.
this Wikipedia page, at the Catalonia column.
the Shopping page.
Population: There are about 5 million people in Barcelona, but only about 1.5 million in the municipality area, it is one of the most densely populated cities in Europe. Barcelona is the capital of Catalonia and the second largest city in Spain, after Madrid. it is less populated than Paris or London.
Size: Barcelona is quite big (803 km2) but the center is compact and many tourist attractions are within a walking distance in the center. La Rambla street is 1.2 Km and around it are the central zones: Gotico, Born, Raval, Barceloneta (Map). You will probably prefer to use transportation to arrive to La Sagrada Familia, Park Guell and Montjuïc.
Barcelona Cost page.
(Map) and "La Rambla".
See the Shopping page, for details about the commercial zones and malls in town.
here, in the Barcelona Attractions page.
here, in the Barcelona Attractions page.
From Hong Kong: Around 12 hours.
here, on TripAdvisor. Transport page.
Many non European countries (like the U.S), don't need to apply for a visa for stays of up to 90 days. More details here.
Where to stay in Barcelona, for an idea about the potential zones for the hotel.
Nightlife in Barcelona.
Nightlife in Barcelona - Dancing Salsa Barcelona Tourist Attractions.
Catalan as the main language and also Spanish at mother tongue level, they also speak English as a foreign language and sometimes a little bit of French. Workers who deal with tourists do speak English.
Remember that Barcelona is an International city with people from different origins, like French, English, Italians, Germans and many South Americans with Spanish as main language.
the page I created.
For general restaurants in Barcelona you can look at this TripAdvisor Restaurant guide.
How to Survive as a Vegetarian in Barcelona. the Cost page.
the Cost page. the page about the Internet access in Barcelona.
International plug adapter when you travel. Just remember that the adapter will not convert the voltage, so make sure your electronic device is also suitable for 220 Voltage.
Barcelona History Museum. You can read more about the history of Barcelona here. Visual Checklist that will help you prepare your suitcase before any trip and not to forget items. It is very useful, use it! here.
Also, at the many tourist offices stands in town and even at the big shop "El corte Ingles" at the information they will give you a good free map of Barcelona.
Walk along La Rambla
Video: La Boquería market
Video: Park Güell
Video: Magic Fountains show
Video: A night walk in Gracia neighborhood
Video: Celtic - Football club supporters in Barcelona center
Video: Music parade with drums in front of the cathedral of Barcelona
Video: Popular Catalan dance in front of the cathedral palace
Video: Giant dolls parade
Video: Human castles
Video: Las Arenas mall
Video: Salsa Dance at a club
- TripAdvisor Barcelona
- Wikitravel Barcelona
- Wikipedia Barcelona
- If you have specific questions about Barcelona, you can ask them in this TripAdvisor Forum .
More on Barcelona, on this site :
- Where to Stay in Barcelona - Potential Zones for your Hotel.
- Frequently Asked Questions about Barcelona - Weather, Feasts, Costs...
- Barcelona Tour - How is Barcelona, get the feeling of the city.
- What to Visit in Barcelona - The Tourist Attractions and how to Arrive.
- Shopping Zones and Commercial Centers in Barcelona.
- Barcelona Nightlife - Where to Drink and Dance in Barcelona.
- Barcelona Transport - How to arrive from the airport, metro, buses, trains, outside town...
- Barcelona Cost - Typical prices in Barcelona, change money...
- Barcelona Internet - How and where
to buy a local SIm, cost...
- Vegetarian Restaurants and Fast-Food in
Barcelona - Eating Healthy.
- Barcelona Maps - Google maps with points of interest for tourists.
- Barcelona Photos - Nice photos of the city.
Useful Products for the Trip Hidden pocket to carry cash, padlock, Universal plug adaptor...
If you liked this tour of Barcelona, see also the tour of Bangkok, and especially the Khaosan Survival Guide (the Backpacker's famous street).
Tour of Tel-Aviv city, with a lot of Info and Maps.
Visit - What to Pack ? - the Visual List that will help you not to forget things before your trip.
If you need a simple and flexible Travel Insurance (Health), fill the dates and you will see the price.
See my Vegetarian page. Why be Vegetarian ? What to eat ?
See my Salsa Dance page. Salsa main Styles. Why Dance Salsa ?
Listen to basic Words In Spanish , Words in French , Words in Hebrew
If you find incorrect data in this page, like a restaurant has closed or the big river has moved or you want to tell me something, please write me at contact.